We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of hotel swimming pools

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 4
Use of hotel swimming pools

Hello,

Does anyone know if any of the hotels in Nairobi allow non guests to use the swimming pools during the day for a fee?

If so which ones, and how much are they?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

If I were a paying guest I would hope not!

Mombasa, Kenya
2. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

I doubt it if any of the hotels would allow free use of pool to non hotel residents. Some hotels would not allow non residents using their pool at all, paid or unpaid. So if you want to meet up with friends, best you find a hotel that would allow people from outside to use their facility and the charges for it.

Good luck!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Liverpool
reviews: 4
3. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

I did say pay a FEE, not for FREE... Of course I wouldn't expect it to be free.

But I know you can do this do in other countries, I went to a few in Kampala in the past few months and in Accra, Ghana a few years ago. You pay a fee and are then allowed to use a sunbed and the pool for the day.

Was just wondering if they did the same here.

Thanks

Edited: 11:30 am, September 15, 2013
Mombasa, Kenya
4. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

Gosh, I read "free" :) Sorry :) There are definitely hotels that would allow it. I suggest that you choose some according to your budget and email them with this question, they will be in the best position to give you the most accurate information.

Good luck in your research!

Larissa

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 141
5. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

You can pay to use the pool at Grand Regency, Safari Park Hotel, Hilton, Intercontinental and Windsor. Amount varies. Some allow you to use their pool if you have lunch with them.

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
reviews: 3
6. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

Check Hotel Sarova Panafric.

Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 34
7. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

I just remember the time we hired a lovely apartment on the Island of Paxos in Greece. It had a beautiful pool which was shared by the apartments. One day one of the guests invited his family and friends, who were staying elsewhere, to join them for lunch and afternoon round the pool. All the rest of us could not get near the pool and had to tidy up the mess these people left. I just thought it was very wrong that we were paying for outsiders to take over our facilities.

Glasgow, United...
8. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

we recall staying at norfolk hotel which has heated swimming pool,

and our visiting guests just paid at reception to use the pool...

could you make inquiries at these nairobi hotels,

Norfolk hotel (confirmed), serena, hilton, intercontinental, Laico Regency hotel,

also try YMCA or Kasarani Stadium...

Queanbeyan...
reviews: 5
9. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

The YMCA (Central) on State House Road has a good pool - clean but very cold water, visitors pay a small fees, there's a garden restaurant, the change rooms are pretty basic. (254) 020 260 6239 / (254) 020 272 4117 / (254) 020 272 4116 / (254) 020 272 4066

The Methodist Hostel on Oloitokitok Rd in Kilimani has a great pool too - you walk down the side road and it's at the bottom of the hostel, visitors pay a small fee, there used to be a basic cafe too.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
10. Re: Use of hotel swimming pools

Most hotels in Nairobi allow you to use their swimming pool facilities at a fee, for heated pools the following hotels have: Norfolk hotel, Laico Regency Hotel, tribe hotel, crowne plaza hotel, The Boma and Sankara

Reply to: Use of hotel swimming pools
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted