We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

return to uk from mombassa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool uk
reviews: 2
return to uk from mombassa

i read my e ticket and i dont understand a line thats alluding to paying $ 40 to get back into the uk surely im reading this wrong ?

2 replies to this topic
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
1. Re: return to uk from mombassa

Hi,

You must be flying with Thomson?

There is a departure tax from Kenya, it is a form of Airport / flight tax, all countries have airport, etc taxes that are included in the cost of your plane ticket. The UK has lots of them as you can see if you look at the breakdown of the price of your ticket between flight and taxes. Departure tax is included in the ticket price for everyone except Thomson passengers.

Around 3 years ago Thomson decided to surreptitiously put their prices up by making their passengers pay Departure Tax directly in person at the airport (bet they didn't reduce their prices by the amount passed on, and it would also seem that the extra the passengers had to pay was the Kenyan Government;s fault not Thomson's)

Derbyshire
reviews: 23
2. Re: return to uk from mombassa

This is one of the things that gets my back up with "package" holidays, not everything is included in the packages that you would expect such as luggage, meals, drinks and now departure tax! Always compare the schedule prices, it's often competitive, and a lot more flexible.

Reply to: return to uk from mombassa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted