We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time for my flight connection?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
reviews: 12
Enough time for my flight connection?

Hello.. can someone help me with this..

I will be arriving in Nariobi from Kilimanjaro at 21:00 hours. My connecting flight to Dubai is at 23:35. However, they are 2 different airlines booked separately. I believe I will need to claim my luggage and check it back in.

Will the 2:35 mins be sufficient time to do all this? Since I'm just connecting, I'm not sure if I need to claim the bags in a different place within the terminal (or) or go through the regular baggage claim area, security etc.

Appears to be tight..just wanted to check.

5 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
1. Re: Enough time for my flight connection?

One more thing.. This will be late November (I know there are problems with the recent airport fire)

nyc
2. Re: Enough time for my flight connection?

Normally 2.5/hrs should be okay, kind of... you do have to checkin for intl flight 2/hrs prior; now since fire it's 3/hrs. I'd try to change the JRO/JKIA flight to an earlier one, than miss Emirates home and have to overnight in NBO till next afternoon flight (believe about 5pm) to Dubai and onward.

Charlotte, North...
3. Re: Enough time for my flight connection?

Thanks 4sandi for your response. You are right. I was trying to avoid sitting at the airport all night waiting for the connection.. but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry :-). I will book the earlier flight.

Thanks again!

4. Re: Enough time for my flight connection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, September 24, 2013

nyc
5. Re: Enough time for my flight connection?

No one enjoys hanging around an airport most anywhere, but.................... it's either that or missing a flight. And though Emirates is good with 'quick transfer' tags on bags thru DXB onward to the States, have no idea how well this would work JRO/JKIA when it's different air carriers. I'd go for earlier and having a good book to keep you busy. Good luck!

Edited: 4:35 pm, September 07, 2013
Reply to: Enough time for my flight connection?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted