We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 19
Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable car services to use in Nairobi and/or Masai Mara? I am putting the final touches on a visit to Kenya in a week and a half and am trying to find a car service with honest, reliable drivers and nice cars (e.g. Mercedes, Range Rover, etc). There are several I've found via Google (e.g. KenyaEscapeRentals.com, KenyaOnlineCarHire.com) but wanted to see if anyone has had personal experience with any of them and can vouch for the quality of their service?

Also looking for a reliable car service in Masai Mara for a one-way journey from 1 hotel to another (~60 km journey). Thank you.

Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 41
1. Re: Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

Gosh! never heard of a chauffer in the Maasai Mara!!!!!!!

New York City, New...
2. Re: Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

I just mean a driver to drive us from one camp (near Olkiombo airstrip) to another (near Ngerende airstrip).

nyc
3. Re: Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

Besides my recent PM reply to you. Did you book these two camps direct or thru an outfitter? If the latter, they couuld have prearranged for this transfer for a fee (doesn't come cheap); if the former, you should have prearranged with the camp leaving to the next direct with them... also for a fee. The pre-arrange is important as now during peak season, for a camp to have a vehicle/driver available might not be easy. Suggest you contact them immediately and have USD to pay for the service.

As a fellow New Yorker you've no doubt heard the phrase 'when you leave New York, you're on the road' (even if only across the Hudson, which poster I'm sure you've seen), meaning that the conveniences we have here at home (many places in the States and most western countries, really) isn't the case when elsewhere, especially in the African bush. Rather difficult to put your thumb out in the Mara with the hope for a taxi, let alone one of those black limo/chauffeurs to stop... seriously!

Out of curiousity, which camps in the Mara (or elsewhere in Kenya), as well on Zanzibar. I don't recall if you did return to TA after inquirying about 'where on ZNZ.'

New York City, New...
4. Re: Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

Good advice, thanks. Wound up going w/ Mara Intrepids and Fairmont Mara in Kenya and then Residence Zanzibar. I booked all on Expedia or Travelocity.

5. Re: Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 05, 2013
6. Re: Nairobi and Masai Mara chauffeur services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 07, 2014