We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best use of One Day at Giraffe Manor?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
5 posts
Best use of One Day at Giraffe Manor?

Greetings, We (2 adults) have the opportunity to stay at Giraffe Manor for one day and night in October. We will be arriving at the airport NBO at 6:25 in the morning and head directly to GM for breakfast with the giraffes. Does anyone know how long the giraffes stick around for breakfast? Also, we want to minimize our touring so we can relax and enjoy GM - any suggestions? We will go to Sheldrick Elephant orphanage in the evening to visit our adoptee - is it worthwhile to also go during the noon public viewing? We will also go to the Giraffe Center. Of the following other options, which do you think should be done during our stay at GM and which can be postponed to the day we check out? Karen Blixen museum, bomas, Matt Bronze, Kazuki beads, open air market - which one? Thanks

new york city
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: Best use of One Day at Giraffe Manor?

I stayed there last month. We had giraffes show up for a late afternoon snack and were able to spend some time with them before we headed over to Sheldrick's. Sheldrick's is at 5pm. The real show was in the morning for breakfast, I certainly felt like I had ample giraffe time. So as even as hard as it is to leave GM, the ellies are well worth it and I don't think you will feel deprived of giraffe time.

Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
6 reviews
12. Re: Best use of One Day at Giraffe Manor?

Worth knowing, though, that Giraffe Manor includes transport to local attractions (but not entrance fees etc) for all guests.

13. Re: Best use of One Day at Giraffe Manor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 09, 2014