We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Holland
Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

We are in Mombasa kenya planning a safari experience to Mombasa. We are planning to be having Diiner at Maasai Mombasa am told its Opposite reef Hotel. Please advice if anyone had an experience with them.

Dholvan

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
1. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

Hi.

I've never heard of it, and I've heard of most restaurants (and many of the bars) in Mombasa, and eaten in many of them.

I Googled it and only got one hit which was this 'place marker' entry in Facebook, showing one person had 'checked in' from there and 5 people had clicked 'like'.

https:/…281479825315775

I don't think that there are any 'proper' restaurants on that road (apart from those open to the public in the hotels, and there are lots of hotels on that road). I don't go down that road very often, though I regular pass close by down the main Links Rd. Many of the local bars, particularly the larger ones do food and therefore call themselves Bar / Restaurant, my guess would be it is one of those

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
2. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

I vaguely remember seeing a "restaurant" sign on the right hand side before Reef. It looked like a shed in a residential garden! Maybe its inside the house?

Holland
3. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

Sorry we had dinner there for two days and the place is supper. Good service and the reception we were welcomed with a Maasai Moran.

Today we had a Birthday gift dinner to one of our friends. We highly recoomend the place to everyone who will be coming to Mombasa ( NORTH COAST).

Regards

Dholvan

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
4. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

Interesting, can you confirm location? What's on the menu and prices would be helpful.

Holland
5. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

We are planning to have our final dinner there before we travel back to Holand. We will ask for the prices and send you. I love the service there.

Holland
6. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

I have contacted Mr. Moses who adviced and recommended us to try the place for the prices. I have seen their website is under construction.

Mombasa
reviews: 3
7. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

I would never visit this restaurant again......of course the fault is partly mine as I was just simply careless...however, since the place was recommended by a friend I went along to check out the place for a couple of drinks and some food....there were 2 of us...and when the bill came...I cleared the same and walked out...it is only when I reached home and looked at the bill that I realised that I was charged for additional drinks to the tune of KES 800.....

oh well....a learning curve for me since I am new to Mombasa...but as a first learning experience in a recommended restaurant,,..I wuld never ever go there and in turn would not recommend it further either...

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 28
8. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

When in Kenya you must check the prices on the menu and then make note of that against what you have oredered. Then when the bill comes add it up yourself. The waiters and waitresses will nearly always try it on with spurious calculations or overcharging for an item or two.

They will then always take an age bringing back your change hoping you will clear off and leave it for them.

Maasai bar is a bar/restaurant with the normal Kenyan menu is these types of places.

Edited: 8:33 am, November 15, 2013
9. Re: Maasai Mombasa Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 17, 2014