We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
reviews: 3
Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

Has anyone travelled this road and how long the journey takes from Arusha to Nairobi and is it comfortable? I am also thinking of flying from Arusha (Kilimanjaro airport) to Nairobi. Would appreciate feedback

1. Re: Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 27, 2013
London, United...
2. Re: Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

Terri,

I haven't been down that road for years, so can't swear to the comfort factor, however the journey is circa 5 hours, depending on the mood of the Border Guards!! I did however meet a small group of students heading in the opposite direction, to Moshi actually the other week and they were telling me with Riverside it was coming in at around 3000KSH, though they were being collected from their Hotel, etc, so perhaps you may get it cheaper if not using this additional service?! I also heard the Barman telling them to watch their luggage carefully, so there's a hint!!

The flight is of course, shorter, more comfortable and a lot more expensive, plus you then have to get from Jomo to town.

As always, back to budgets!!

Perth, Western...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

Thank you for your advice

London, United...
4. Re: Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

Terri,

My Son, who is still out there and aware of these student like trudgings, though prefers it when I am around to chauffeur him about, has just sent me this:

http://www.riverside-shuttle.com/

Hope it helps.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
5. Re: Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

I prefer by road, because the road condition is good plus there are alot of great scenaries from Arusha to Namanga. The drive might take around 3 hours to Namanga and around 3 hours from Namanga to Nairobi. The road also from Namanga to Nairobi is in great condition and alot of great scenaries also. Should you choose flying it will take you about an hour plus a 45 minutes drive from Arusha to Kilimanjaro Airport, plus an hour check in/ out.

6. Re: Road or fly from Arusha to Nairobi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 25, 2014