We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

We are a family of 2 Adults and 3 children ages 16,14 and 5 looking for a reasonable price. I am originally from Kenya but am taking my children for the first time to visit. I do not want to end up dissapointed by looking for the cheapest price but something reasonable. Any advice will be appreciated?

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

What particulars are you looking into for cheap prices.

nyc
2. Re: Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

When do you plan to visit? Month?

Prices are seasonal and between July-Sep (even Oct) is peak season at highest prices.

For 1/nt, know that the drive from NBO to Mara is easily 5-6/hrs each way. Cost of driver/vehicle for 2/days would run about $200+/day, plus your daily park fees (avg $80/pp adult; about $45/pp children to 12/yrs), then your accommodations and few have rooms for 5/people... you'll probably need a triple for you and wife + 5/yr old; and a twin for the older children.

Checkin is in time for lunch (11am earliest) and checkout is after breakfast (10am).

Without an idea of your expected budget and when traveling difficult to advise 'where.'

UK
3. Re: Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

I want to do the Safari on 14 August. I understand I have to book it through a tour company and am on a tight budget. Thanks

nyc
4. Re: Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

You'd do best working with an outfitter and as August the busiest month... take wherever there is space that works with your budget.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

Good value for money lodge - Mara Sopa. good value b'cz of the service (food/accommodation), location in the park, family-oriented.

6. Re: Shopping for the best price for a 1 night to Masai Mara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 25, 2014