We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal orphnage. Sheldrick and Giraffe center

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Animal orphnage. Sheldrick and Giraffe center

Hi we will be in Nairobi on 2nd and 3rd October 2013, my hotel will be in CBD area (Terminal Hotel)

can you please advice how much taxi fare and entrance fee to (1) Animal orphange (2) Sheldrick and Girrafe center will cost me we are a couple, would all taxi drivers know the directons? I know we have to be at Giraffe center by 11 am, what time we should leavefrom CBD? and how long trip takes? excluding safari walk as we are going on Tanzanian safari, we are not sure of what sequence we should follow and not sure of exact names of attractions please help

nyc
1. Re: Animal orphnage. Sheldrick and Giraffe center

You have to be at Sheldrick Ellee Orphanage for 11am showing, so best to arrive early to get space up front. This lasts 1/hr. The Orphanage is part of the National Park, whereas the Karen Blixen House and Giraffe Center and some interesting shopping are in burb of Karen... slightly different directions and traffic often horrific.

Entry fees are payable in Kenyan Shillings/KSH, between 800 to 1000 (never sure which for which).

Any taxi driver should be able to take you to all and even wait while you visit. Arrange fare beforehand and give him a nice tip for 'waiting' while you do whatever. I wouldn't depart your hotel any later than 10am for Sheldrick and then you can visit the others.

I'm sure others will have additional input.

Nairobi, Nairobi...
2. Re: Animal orphnage. Sheldrick and Giraffe center

Entrance fee at the Animal Orphanage is 15$ per person,Sheldrick is 500 Kshs and at the Giraffe center its 1000 Kshs per person.

London, United...
3. Re: Animal orphnage. Sheldrick and Giraffe center

Harry,

Truly, unless you have a thing about small Elephants or a passion to kiss a Giraffe, or perhaps have kids in tow, skip them! Take the girl for a decent Lunch in the Talisman.

But to answer the questions that remain:

Time wise, anything from 30 mins to 3 hrs, the latter is what it took me 3 weeks ago!

Yes, everyone knows where the 'The Giraffe Centre' and the 'David Sheldrik Wildlife Trust Elephant Orphanage' are and the Taxi driver will wait.

4. Re: Animal orphnage. Sheldrick and Giraffe center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 24, 2014