We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around the sites in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester County, PA
reviews: 2
Getting around the sites in Nairobi

Hi I will be in Nairobi in August and was wondering about something. In seeing Nairobi based sites, like the elephant center, is that just a matter of taking a taxi? Hiring a car and driver? Or hiring a guide? Thanks

London, United...
1. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

Mike,

Depending on what you wish to see, either, but you don;'t need a 'Guide'. If you intend to be out all day, just hire a man and motor for the whole thing.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

Take taxi to Nairobi Orphange/Safari Walk, Sheldrick Ele & Giraffe Centre. You can do all of this in a single day. Perhaps even go for a short game drive inside NBI NP

Washington DC...
reviews: 27
3. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

I was planning to go to the Nairobi Museum. Do I need to hire a taxi to wait for me, or can I just catch another taxi when I am done. What about the Giraffe Manor?

4. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 27, 2013
Naivasha, Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

Hiring a taxi for the whole day will give you the flexibility to go where you want and when you want and would probably work out cheaper than getting a tour guide.

If cost is less of an issue, then a tour guide can give an informative talk en route and is probably better at suggesting places that you might enjoy, if you get short of ideas.

As I drive myself, I am unfortunately unable to give you an up to date idea of costs for the above options.

6. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, July 22, 2013
7. Re: Getting around the sites in Nairobi

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, today