We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester County, PA
reviews: 2
Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

In my 3 open days in Nairobi, I was thinking of seeing Lake Nakuru or Bogoria (depending on where the flamingos are) and maybe Hell's Gate park. Is it possible to visit these as a day trip from Nairobi or do I need to stay over somewhere one night and do those sites over two days?

Thanks in advance for any help

Naivasha, Kenya
reviews: 2
11. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

I am not sure about the journey timings, Stef? It takes me a good 50 mins and possibly more from Naivasha to Nakuru (there tends to be a lot of slow, heavy traffic) and last time I went to Bogoria, it took something like 2 hours from Nakuru. I think that you would be pushing it to manage a day trip to Bogoria, from Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
12. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

It is not possible to do it in a day, two days would be good. Flamingoes at the moment are at Lake Bogoria and lake Oloiden near Lake Naivasha. Start with Lake Bogoria, stay overnight at Lake Bogoria Spa and Resort and finish with Hells Gate. If you prefer Lake Oloiden then one day would suffice in combination with Hells gate.

London, United...
13. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

Steff,

Are you sure about:

'It's 90 mins to Naivasha from NBI. Another 30 mins to Nakuru from Naivasha. And 40 mins to Bogoria from Nakuru. Worthwhile exploring all 3 locations.' ???

A sweeping rather statement and a little ambitious I think!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
14. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

Absolutely - just did it last week.

London, United...
15. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

Steff,

And you know that one accident can grind the 104 to a standstill for hours! Plus of course, it depends where you are starting from in Nairobi and at what time.

I too done the NBO, Niavash run in 90 mins from Langata Rd at the beginning of the month, but the Niavasha - Nakuru phase too me another 90!, Gil Gil was a nightmare!

I would never leave NBO after breakfasts and expect anything but a late lunch in Bogoria!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
16. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

GJGB - typical, now you're changing the story... you're talking about a car accident that has'nt even happened !!! Its unpleasant to even think of, let alone mentioning it to visitors coming to Kenya for the 1st time.

London, United...
17. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

Stef,

No, it is being realistic!

18. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, July 24, 2013
London, United...
19. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

Lifetime, If your business is so good, why are you trying to get clients here! Try reading the Rules before posting.

20. Re: Day trip possible to Nakuru or Hell's Gate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 26, 2014