We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 7
Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Nairobi with my partner 23-27 August as part of a wider trip around Kenya and Tanzania on a small budget.

We would love to go white water rafting but the main company operating in the area (Savage Wilderness http://www.savagewilderness.org/water/rafting.php) will take a minimum of 3 people on a trip. It's $105 per person for a day including pick up and drop off in Nairobi (we won't have our own transport). I think the rafts take up to 6.

It would be great to hear from anyone (a single person, a couple or group) in a similar situation who is Nairobi at this time and could help us make up numbers or vice versa.

If anyone has any other tips for going about this/know of other companies please let me know. If this isn't the right forum for this, please do suggest any Nairobi based forums where I could post.

Thanks all,

Jo

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?

I just wanted to add that the company only provides transport when there are 6 people or above.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?

Hello Jo,

I am just getting started with planning a trip to Nairobi for that week. I have not even purchased my airfare yet because I first want to explore lodging options. But I hope to confirm this within one week. I would be very interested in a rafting trip.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Shanti

London, United...
3. Re: Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?

Hi Shanti,

That's great! I think we need to find another person, but the company said they can make a tentative booking. The Monday 26th Aug looks good for us, but could do 24th or 25th - let me know,

Cheers!

Jo

London, United...
4. Re: Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?

meer,

Have you considered emailing one of the 'overland or backpaker type' Cams in NBO, they may have a trip going you can join or know of someone who is looking too? Worth a punt.

Reply to: Team up for White Water Rafting nr Nairobi at end August?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted