We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya visa at 2.45am

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
Kenya visa at 2.45am

I am travelling to Nairobi in three weeks and wanted to know if it would be easier/wiser and even possible to get my visa at the airport at 2.45am when we land or would it be better to get it before we travel from the London embassy?

Many thanks for any and all advice

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
1. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

If a plane arrives, the visa counter is open!! Personally I'd get it on arrival.

Just download the form and have it filled in and ready, with your money. It should be quick at that time of the morning.

Edited: 6:08 am, July 15, 2013
Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

I agree, get it when you arrive.

London, United...
3. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

Phil,

Asifwe is correct, get the Form and fill it in now, whilst everyone else scrabbles for a pen, you can breeze past them, fingerprints, photo and 30 quid later, you are collecting you bags! A link to the HC Visa page is here:

kenyahighcommission.net/khccontent/images/pd…

You also require an Arrival Card, if you are flying direct, they normally give them out on the plane, if transiting elsewhere in Africa, you may not get one. Grab the Blue Card Form everyone else is gathered around, and fill it out whilst you queue. Don't forget to have a pen handy!

Enjoy.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
4. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

GJGB - having never done it myself at JKIA, do you also need to carry something to wipe your fingers after fingerprinting?!!??

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 49
5. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

Hi Asifiwe,

No ink involved, it's electronic, (not like the messy ink when you apply for Alien Registration at the immigration Office)

Amsterdam, The...
6. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

Get it on your arrival,since the visa counter room is always open during flight arrival.

London, United...
7. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

Asifwe, As Doff says, technology rules, it is all very impressive actually! Better than Heathrow!

nyc
8. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

INK! Goodness this is 2013! It's electronic.

Place your finger on the plate and they've got a record of you for lie.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
9. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

Thanks, Doff!! As I said, I've never done it at JKIA - only at Immigration in Eldoret where it is VERY messy, and painful when you have a sore thumb!! Please can they teach the Immigration Offices ...???!!!

10. Re: Kenya visa at 2.45am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 21, 2014