We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nairobi
Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Hi - I am a single woman currently in Nairobi for a project. Was wondering if it is ok for me to travel alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki by road

thanks

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

peach,

Is that by bus, taxi or self drive car?

nairobi
2. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Was thinking of hiring a taxi

London, United...
3. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Then it should be safe enough, providing you have a reliable driver of course!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
4. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

It's perfectly safe to travel alone using public transport so long as it's in daylight hours.

If you want to save some $$$, then take the matatu. It's strictly 14 seater. Everyone gets a seat to sit on.

As the saying goes, when in Rome.....

5. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, July 16, 2013

Iowa Park, Texas...
6. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Wondering if you ever made the drive from Nairobi to Nanyuki. I am a single woman as well and thinking of doing the same thing. Is it safe and if yes, who did you use to drive you?

Thanks!

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 2
7. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Use this link and get a safe Taxi,you will get services of woman drivers as well.

https:/…

8. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, May 06, 2014

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 2
9. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

# SAFARA W

The page i posted here was not a personal page it was for a registered company in Kenya. It offers transport services.Which i said you would get a safe taxi. I also mentioned that you could get women drivers services without adding anything else.

I CAN SEE ENGLISH IS A PROBLEM TO YOU,ALSO READING MIGHT BE A PROBLEM AS WELL. Anyone knowing what they are looking for they will get all the details by a click to the link..

Next time SAFARA W,read and understand the posts here!

Cape Town Central...
10. Re: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki

Hello Travelingcate

Since i came to Africa from Asia 2 years ago living here in Cape town and also visiting Kenya, Tanzania as well my friend has been telling me that the English i speck has been improved. Though even if my English was not good for you. AM GLAD YOU UNDERSTOOD MY POINT ON YOUR FIRST POST

Thank you and nice to meet you

Reply to: Travelling alone from Nairobi to Nanyuki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted