We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Hi,

I will be in Nairobi for work at the end of October and am looking into taking a safari between 5-7 days from Nairobi. I would rather it leave from Nairobi, but I can fly/drive into Tanzania if necessary.

My only real requirement is that I see the Serengeti. Have looked into G Adventures and the only trip that potentially works with my dates is the 4 day Serengeti & Ngorongoro Crater Safari in/out of Arusha. Not ideal, but will do this if this is my only resort.

I am looking to spend around $1,500, but up to $2,000 for the right tour. I don't care whether it is camping or nicer.

I have done some searching, but most sites don't offer prices or don't have any dates. Any reputable companies or specific tours anyone can recommend?

Would also love to see Kilimanjaro (not to climb). Are there day tours from Arusha?

Or a trip that combines both of these would be awesome.

Thanks for the tips!

Brussels, Belgium
1. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Dear Kimc,

Hello!

Here is my sugestions:

Day 1-Nairobi/Arusha with shuttle bus-O/Nt Olasiti Lodge

Day 2-Arusha/Serengeti with Optional maasai village/Olduvai Gorge-O/Nt Ikoma Tented Camp

Day 3-Serengeti National park(Full day)-O/Nt Ikoma Tented camp

Day 4-Serengeti/Ngorongoro crater-O/Nt Eileens Inn

Day 5-Karatu/Arusha/Nairobi(afternoon shuttle bus) or head Moshi for 1 niht to see the kili the next day early morning before return to Arusha for shuttle to Nairobi

Arusha/Moshi/Arusha/Nairobi you can use shuttle bus

Seattle, Washington
2. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Hi Roselyn,

That sounds like a great itinerary! Something like that would be perfect...do you know of a tour that resembles that?

Thanks

nyc
3. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

As your query on the Tanzania Forum, all said you'd be doing too much in so short a period of time. I'd forget the Serengeti as the drive to/from is over 1/day each way. Concentrate on Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater. Tarangire is great in Oct as they have a mini=migration and will likely see more game than even the Serengeti.

Unless you choose to fly into the very northern Serengeti, where there are few camps and those there are very expensive, you sure won't do it on the budget you show. Besides Ikoma area is better in June.

The itinerary shown above will have you spending more time in transit than game viewing. Just the drive from Arusha/Serengeti is more than 1/day.

Edited: 6:44 pm, July 11, 2013
4. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 27, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 109
5. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Not sure if you found a safari tour company to use yet but I am leaving Kenya on Monday and I used a tour company that was perfect for my budget, since I am also backpacking and traveling as a solo female! The name of the company is Terminal Tours Kenya. This is their website: http://terminaltourskenya.com/ Check them out. Message me directly if you want to be in contact with the woman who set it all up for me! They were wonderful and took care of everything. The tour guide and accommodation was also great! Hope you are able to figure it out and go to!

Benicasim, Spain
reviews: 10
6. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Yo estuve 4 dias completos, de safari, en el Masai Mara, fuimos con una empresa Terminal Tours, que se encarga de organizar Safaris, me encantó,lo organizaron todo muy bien desde el principio, muy tranquilo todo, el alojamiento bonito y tranquilo, la visita al Parque muy apacible,el guia muy amable. El parque es de los mas bonitos de la zona. Su pagina web es http://www.terminaltourskenya.com

Glasgow, United...
7. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Would also love to see Kilimanjaro (not to climb). Are there day tours from Arusha?

you could hire a taxi to visit Foot of Kilimanjaro, its about 1.5hrs ride,

i visited from moshi long ago.

Naivasha, Kenya
8. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

Dear sir,

please I think the itinerary for Roselyn as given you is also good you can use that, its cheaper.

9. Re: Tours into Serengeti and Tanzania from Nairobi for ~7days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 17, 2014