We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 33
Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

We are looking to go to Kenya - taking advantage of the spring break for my kids and the airfare I found for end of March 2014 is $912 pp on Turkish Airlines bringing it to $3644 for the 4 of us. Is this a good price - or should I hold out to see if fares come down some more?

Thank you, all, for your input.

D

Maryland, USA
reviews: 9
1. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

That's a good fare. I'd be surprised if you'll get much lower. But, have you also tried Ethiopian Air as well? They sometimes have outstanding fares and they arrive early afternoon. I believe TA gets you in late night. Arriving in the afternoon with plenty time to recover from the long haul is a bonus. If EA were only a few bucks extra I'd go with it for the more friendly itinerary.

Edited: 12:12 pm, July 10, 2013
Downingtown...
reviews: 71
2. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

I agree. You will not get a better price.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

We went in Jan and again in June this year. Coming from IN in the states. In Jan our air was almost $1200 and in June it was $1580 per person. We flew Turkish in Jan and KLM in June. Better grab any air you find under a thousand! Let me know if you need a private driver while there. I found an awesome, reliable, cheap driver who planned out 2 full days of excellent sight seeing for our family. Loved him! Shoot me an email if you have questions! kellie@apologia.com

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

P.S. we also went with our children and grandchildren. I have lots of recommendations for things to see and do!

Detroit, Michigan
5. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

we are going to Nairobi Dec 26 thru Jan 5 and would like to do a safari out of Arusha we are a family of 6 with 3 boys 18, 21 &23. Any recommendations on where to stay in Nairobi and hoe much time to spend, how to get to Arusha ( we want to see the migration in Ndutu) .

nyc
6. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

The TK fare is very good and very tempting, but know it arrives NBO at about 3:30am (that's right and the departure homebound is about 4:30am)... If traveling with children, something consider. You'll need the entire day once you awake to recuperate.

And as hotels do worldwide, for an early morning arrival to insure your room they bill you for the night before; on departure, instead of a dayroom they charge for overnight.

7. Re: Airfare IAD - NBO - is this a good fare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 17, 2014