We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WALLSEND
reviews: 3
Hotel in Nairobi

Hi, I might have to stay overnight in Nairobi as the flight to Mombasa has been brought forward, consequently will miss it. Not ideal as I had planned the flight around it. Anyway can anyone recommend a reasonable Hotel not far from the Airport or on the Airport. If there is any, and also does anyone have a trustworthy taxi driver that they use?

London, United...
21. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

You must really think we are all stupid, how can two people, miles apart make a nearly identical word for word post. I was not the only one who noticed!

As for my route, oh I know the way to Watamu, but I get bored driving the same routes, so RWA and I, have been discussing alternatives by PM!

I don’t own Wildebeest at all, it is owned by an Australian guy, nor did I say they should use it, I gave them a selection! I stay there often and have always found them reliable and helpful.

As for no traffic to Jomo, in the morning is hellish from around 0630hrs onwards and the evenings are too great either, I know I was driving that very route a few days ago.

Leave the advice to those who freely give it through experience, and try and sell whatever it is you are selling elsewhere!

I'd love a cold Tusker, but sadly, am not back to Kenya until 24th, so I'll have to wait and make do with Ale in the interim!

Dallas, TX
reviews: 83
22. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Adrian A,

You are absolutely an accomplice to Robert M because you recommend the same guy as a taxi driver (Robert Malusha) in your posting on the Nairobi forum on April 22, 2013. Those of us who are regular readers and posters on this forum can recognize touts like you and Robert. You can't create a fake ID and come on here and act like you have taken safaris. Then you make postings accusing destination experts (who freely give their time and advice for nothing in return) of being owners of properties. No one believes anything you say.

Mombasa, Kenya
23. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

WhallsendShorty,

Considering all the hustle of moving back and forth and only a few hours you will have to sleep, check one of the hotels on Mombasa road before you reach town (Nyayo Stadium Roundabout) coming from the airport. They are Ole Sereni (stayed there a few times, quite like it, their breakfast is great), Panari (stayed there once and did not like it but it is fine to sleep in) or Eka Hotel (never stayed but have been there for coffee, quite nice, new). All of them are within 15-20 min from the airport and if budget permits they are your best options. At the end of the day with your arrival and departure all you need is something quick to eat, shower, bed breakfast and go.

Have a nice stay in Kenya!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

WALLSEND
24. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Thanks. The nearer the better as you say it is just to sleep and back.

WALLSEND
25. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

hose hotels are too expensive. Now I am looking at Sirona Hotel, Parklands. anyone stayed there. I like the look of it and 8.5 miles from airport

London, United...
26. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Shorty,

Parklands may only be 8.5 miles, but you have to appreciate the traffic, it can be much worse than you imagine! If the MBA Road area is too much, have a look around Karen for somewhere.

As i said initially, it always cones down to budgets in the end, how much are you thinking about spending? If you give us a clue somewhere may spring to mind.

27. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2014