We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WALLSEND
reviews: 3
Hotel in Nairobi

Hi, I might have to stay overnight in Nairobi as the flight to Mombasa has been brought forward, consequently will miss it. Not ideal as I had planned the flight around it. Anyway can anyone recommend a reasonable Hotel not far from the Airport or on the Airport. If there is any, and also does anyone have a trustworthy taxi driver that they use?

London, United...
1. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Shorty, Just 2 questions:

Given it is an extra and therefore un-budgeted night, how much do you wish to spend?

What are your arrival and departure times? Whilst I can see you don't want to sit in the traffic from hell, nobody does, there are a few options a little further from Jomo that may be worth it, plus if you have time, staying around Karen for instance can give you some decent dining too, ideal for a last night!. I find the Hotels around Jomo all a bit 'same, same' and not that exciting, but that could be said of anywhere near any major Airport!

GJ

WALLSEND
2. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

I am open to any suggestions. we arrive in the evening at 9.20 and leave the following morning on the 9.30 to Mombasa thanks

3. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, July 10, 2013
4. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, August 27, 2013
WALLSEND
5. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Thank you so. Much for your help I will contact him.

Does he also do the transfers

6. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, August 27, 2013
London, United...
7. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Shorty,

I was obviously being a bi thick there, I thought it was your last night, not first! To be honest, landing at that time is not going to get you anywhere decent for dinner, etc, by the time you have wrestled Visa, Baggage, etc, plus you will have to be up and out early to Check In for your next flight, so essentially, you are looking for a bed for the night, little more.

Try looking at Ole Sereni, The Boma or the Red Court for chain like Hotels, for something different Areo Club at Wilson Airport (Temporary Membership required) or Wildebeest Eco Camp (a Fav of mine) for your fist night in a Luxury Safari Tent!

There are lots more about, but they spring to mind first.

GJ

London, United...
8. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Shorty,

Posts 3 and 4, near as damned it word for word,including typos, but supposedly 2 different guys from different places? Have a good think about the!

Most Hotels, etc, will arrange your collection and drop off at the Airport, with obviously a reliable and trusted driver, no decent place wishes to lose business because of ropey drivers. As I said, there are lots to choose from, but given those 2 posts, be careful, the Marble Ark is a hike and a half away from the Airport!

WALLSEND
9. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Can you tell me how much the transport is please

London, United...
10. Re: Hotel in Nairobi

Shorty, Transport to where? All the places I have mentioned are not that close, the furthest, Wildebeest, will costs you about £20 ew, but the accommodation price is much lower than the others. Swings and roundabouts!!