We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

Hello,

I'm staying at the Heron Portico hotel (on Milimani Road) for a couple of days in July before joining my overland tour group. Would you have any suggestions for restaurants nearby? I'm looking for places where a female eating on her own would feel comfortable. If possible, I'd like to walk to the spot versus taking a taxi, but will take a taxi if that is the better thing to do. I would love to try local food that is good and tasty but am open to other cuisines as well.

I also need a place to have clothes washed and dried, so if anyone has any ideas on where to get that done close to the hotel, please let me know!

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
1. Re: Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

Just down the road is the Sagret Hotel where you can get Nyama Choma (roasted meat) And local dishes. Short taxi ride away is the Fairview hotel with good restaurants. For laundry, you may need to go into the city to a launderette / dry cleaners, where they will do a service wash for you.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

Thank you roadwarriorafrica

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

Hi - there's Sarova Panafrica Hotel, China Plate Restaurant nearby. Serena hotel is further down the road.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
4. Re: Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

Amaica restaurant is 5 minutes walk from your hotel, right after Sagret hotel.

The restaurant serves buffet lunch incorporating two different meals from each region in the country. Amaica not only target's the locals but also non-Kenyans mainly who appreciate the Kenyan culture. These are people who want to taste and enjoy a real authentic meal and can afford it. Other than smoked beef, the restaurant’s flagship meal, this is the only restaurant in Kenya where the menu will exclusively include indigenous foods such as wild traditional mushrooms, bambara nuts, groundnuts and white ants.

Moscow
reviews: 15
5. Re: Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel

What is the traffic like in and around Heron Portico hotel? Can one walk anywhere from the hotel?

Reply to: Restaurants near Heron Portico hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted