We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south australia...
reviews: 6
Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

Hi I am flying with south african airways to Nairobi and transfering to Precision air to fly to Mosi

I assume I will have to clear immagration in Nairobi before catching the plane to Moshi

I have the 50$ ready for my kenyan visa ,will this still be valid when I reenter Kenya 2 weeks later?

Also have my $50 for the Moshi visa

Still a little unsure if I need to download visa forms before I go?

Cheers Scott

nyc
1. Re: Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

There's NO need for a Kenya Visa as you will be an 'in-transit' pax.

You won't actually be entering Kenya, remaining air-side, just moviing from gate you arrive on SAA to departure gate for Precision/PW gate to JRO. Both are international flights and in same terminal.

Be sure on checkin to SAA flight they tag your bags properly via NBO onto PW (flight#), to JRO in Tanzania.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
2. Re: Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

Hi,

You might be able to get your bags checked through, if not you may be able to go to the Kenya Airways customer service desk (Precision is a partner) and ask them to help with your transfer, to accompany you to identify your bags and arrange their transfer. in either case you wouldn't need a visa. If not you have the choice of getting a transit visa for $20 which will cover you for collecting your bags leaving and re-entering the terminal and checking back in., or you could get an ordinary visa for $50 which would still be valid on your return.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
3. Re: Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

Scott, on your way back to Kenya, are you going to spend any time in Kenya, or are you transiting to an international flight?

south australia...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

Thanks for the info will try and check bags through if not will go through immagration as I intend to spend some time in Kenya later on.

5. Re: Visas for Kenya and Kilimanjaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 21, 2014