We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Car rental

Hello,

Wondering if anyone as experience with car rentals in Kenya. We won't need a driver as we are staying with locals, but would like to have a car. Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Kampala
reviews: 14
1. Re: Car rental

which type of a car are you looking at?

Nairobi, Kenya
2. Re: Car rental

Hiring a car in Kenya is so easy, you need to be 23 year and above and have a valid driving license and you will be good to hire a self drive saloon car or 4 x 4

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
3. Re: Car rental

I'd highly recommend Concorde for self-drive car rentals. I've used them many times, and they're pretty reliable, and always quick to fix or deal with mechanical issues in person or over the phone if anything goes wrong.

Richard

Hartford...
4. Re: Car rental

Thanks!!! Any ideas on what the prices are like?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
5. Re: Car rental

Have a look at: concorde.co.ke/car-hire/vehicle-hire-rates.h…

6. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, July 03, 2013

Nairobi, Kenya
7. Re: Car rental

first of all it will depend with the type of car that you will rent. 4*4 are a bit expensive while salon cars are cheaper. Nissan caravans and land cruisers cost about $200 per day. it will also depend with how long you want to lease the car, the longer you want to have the vehicle, the cheaper it tends to become in the long run. if you are interested in hiring one, there are several good companies that i know that offer an excellent service.

italia
reviews: 132
8. Re: Car rental

i would like rent in nairobi airport to go 2 days to navaiha lake ,

is a dangerous road ?

italia
reviews: 132
9. Re: Car rental

@Yankari i would like rent in nairobi airport...i founded that economycarrentals ( i use this usually) rent in nairobi airport...but i'm afraid that road to naivasha is'nt' good

Edited: 8:35 am, April 13, 2014
Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted