We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 140
Nairobi

I am considering starting a safari from Nairobi in Kenya. Should i do any extra time in Nairobi prior to safari? Is there many good things to see and do in Nairobi? More less to explore the city? Recommend sites? thanks how much time you recommend for Nairobi?

2 nights?

1. Re: Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
2. Re: Nairobi

Nairobi has heaps to do. There are museums, the elephant orphanage, giraffe centre, shopping, dining, and so on. It all depends on what you like to do, and how much time you have.

Many people do enjoy a full day in Nairobi either before or after their safari.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: Nairobi

Head out to Naivasha & Nakuru. Only 3 hours drive from NBI. In Nakuru, you'll see lions, rhinos, gazelles,etc,etc..

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Nairobi

We spent two extra days before our safari in Jan, in Nairobi and returned last month in June with our family and did the same. There are many great things to see and do. We are from the United States and traveled with our grown children and grandchildren in June. Let me know if you need a driver. We hired an awesome gentleman who helped us arrange everything and was super reasonable and very honest and reliable. You can email me at kellie@apologia.com

Good luck!

Kellie~

Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: Nairobi

I second road warrior.

While at Nairobi theres some places that are a must visit.

1. A tour of the sheldrick trust(the elephant Orphanage)

2.The Giraffe centre

and 3 and lastly the Museum eithet Karen Blixen or Nairobi Museum. These can be done in 1 day

6. Re: Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 12, 2014