We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan tourist visa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 7
Kenyan tourist visa

Greetings,

I've been combing the forum trying to find out what form I need so that I can obtain a visa at JKIA, I've seen a couple of different links. The US consulate site only allows online application and does not provide a link to printout forms. Posters have links to the UK Consulate site that has FORM V.1 (revised 2007), but the form has specific UK information. The Kenyan immigration site has FORM 22 (revised 2012). They look very similar. I don't want to have any delays because I am using the wrong form. Has anyone that entered this year have any experience? Thank you.

nyc
1. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

You can use the Canadian or UK form as your Visa application.

Download whichever, complete the info (no photos required if purchasing on arrival... photo and fingerprints will be done on-site), keep with passport and USD$50 due to hand over to agent at Visa Purchase Desk.

I've been using the V.1 form for years and never any issues.

California
reviews: 7
2. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

Great! Thank you!

Michigan
reviews: 41
3. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

You can also use this link:

magicalkenya.com/dload/kenya_visa_applicatio…

and print out the form and have it ready with your passport.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

Make sure your dollars are relatively new! I seem to remember reading that they should be later than 2006. Can someone from USA advise., please?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
5. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

Also remember that you will need to complete a passenger arrival card which is given to you on the plane. This is separate to the visa form.

nyc
6. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

That's a Landing Card, mostly handed out on your inbound flight to be completed and handed in to the agent at Visa Purchase along with your application form and proper funds. And agents will not make change. If Landing Card not provided on the inbound flight, you'll find them on desk at Immigration, so grab one and complete while waiting on queue.

And yes, USD notes should NOT be older than 2006. Date found in very small print at lower part of note, either to the right or left.

New York City, New...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

I just filled out the form online, it doesn't upload it online, you then have to print it out, it's just filled out already. I mailed that, the fee, and the photos in with my passport to the Kenyan consulate in NY. It said it would take up to 14 days but I received my passport with the visa exactly 1 week later. All sorted. One less thing to deal with when I arrive (exhausted) from the long flight to NBO.

Safe travels.

8. Re: Kenyan tourist visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 14, 2014