We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

I will be in Nairobi for a couple of days and thinking about visiting the Nairobi national park animal orphanage. I have a couple of questions.

Is this different than the David sheldrick elephant orphanage?

How much does it cost to get into the orphanage?

Do I have to pay to get into the national park Then pay additional to get into the orphanage?

Many thanks.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

Hi - there are 3 venues at KWS Langata: Orpanage, National Park entrance & Safari Walk.

Cost of non-resident is $40 PP for NP entrance & $20 each to Safari Walk & Orpanage

More info here:

mydestination.com/kenya/…kws-safari-walk

Sheldrick only has elephants. Open for a couple of hours in a day.

NAIROBI
reviews: 10
2. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

Hello.

David sheldrick Elephant orphanage, Nairobi National park and Animal Orphanage have different gates that you pay at the entrance.

regards,

Joseph

Tours Consultant

Intra Oceanic Tours & Travel

NZ
3. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

Many thanks, that helps me finalise my plans for my coulple of days in Nairobi.

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
reviews: 3
4. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

At Sheldrick, instead of being just a tourist & paying the entrance fee, use that money toward fostering an orphan baby elephant(s) or rhino(s) for $50 year/per and spend a private time with it(them) after mud bathing before bed time.

…about.com/od/africanwildlife/ss/Sheldrick-W…

sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/asp/fostering.asp

NZ
5. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

Yeah I do actually sponser an elephant there and have done for a number of years. But I was just making sure that the Nairobi Animal Orphanage was not the same thing.....;)

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
6. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

No connection, turbo. The Nairobi Animal Orphanage is a waifs and strays "zoo" for animals from various national parks, whereas the DSWT is, as you know, a genuinely worthwhile facility rearing (and subsequently releasing) orphaned elephants.

Richard Trillo

7. Re: Nairobi national park animal orphanage.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 10, 2014