We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

I am planning to get my tourist visa on arrival at JKIA. Arriving via Amsterdam at 8 pmish on a Thursday night in July. I have a Canadian passport, and intend to have the form filled out and exact $$ on hand to pay for the Visa. Can I expect this to be a fairly smooth process?

Thanks for your input.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
1. Re: Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

There is no reason why you should not, you will probably hit a queue which may be short or maybe quite long, it's pot luck depending on which flights have just landed and how many of their passengers are heading for Kenya rather than in transit (it's a regional hub) but unless you are really unlucky you should still be through before your bags hit the carousels down the steps behind the Immigration desks

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

Thank you Doffcocker! Another question - I will be travelling from Kenya to Tanzania and then coming back to Nairobi to spend a night before catching flight to Amsterdam. Will a single entry visa to Kenya do? Or, will I need a multiple entry visa?

Washington DC...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

Single entry will work.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

Thank you!

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
5. Re: Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

Also make sure that you fill in the arrival card on the plane. This is separate to the visa application form.

6. Re: Tourist Visa on arrival at JKIA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 07, 2014