We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Farmington Hills...
reviews: 9
How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

I'll be travelling to Nairobi soon and have heard that labor is much cheaper there compared to US. I know I'm being cheap but was wondering if I could get my winter coat repaired there ? Zipper and a rip. Thanks.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

Its very easy to have sewing repairs done. Machinist can be found on many streets and will often repair while you wait. One word of warning - ensure they have the correct colour zip and thread for your coat. A cream pair of my shorts came back with a black zip.

Farmington Hills...
2. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

Thanks for the info. Approx how much do you think it would cost ?

edinburgh
reviews: 103
3. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

My beach bag handles snapped when out in Diani and I gave a local to repair and it came back so well sewn.

The cost was nominal. (On saying the person mending went through 5 needles)

I gave 500 bob as I needed my splash box repaired and my sun hat was a little dirty and washed beautifully as well.

Edited: 11:11 am, June 05, 2013
Farmington Hills...
4. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

I'm sorry but not sure what 500 bob means. Could you please elaborate :) ?

Leeds
reviews: 2
5. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

Depends what's caught in them!

500 KSH (Kenyan Shillings) I think is what Malaika is getting at. About 6 dollars-ish?

edinburgh
reviews: 103
6. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

Sorry = around 500khs. May be more for your zipper though but the people are so clever with their hands and do an excellent job.

I was actuallly using words the Kenyans use!!

Farmington Hills...
7. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

Thank you all. lol, yes I was a little dumbfounded with the terms used and google didn't help either :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
8. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

bob = shilling (English terminology from the days of pounds, shillings and pence, before decimalization in 1971.

Like the UK, Kenya started in 1963 with 20 shillings to the pound…

Richard Trillo

Nairobi, Kenya
9. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

there is a place around Luthuli Avenue in some building, i dont know the name. the place has the best tailors and garment makers, who are so perfect. you will love their work. i dont have their contacts, maybe i look for them then give them to you.

Edited: 9:17 pm, June 22, 2013
10. Re: How much would it cost to fix zippers in Nairobi ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 24, 2014