We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Prices

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, UK
reviews: 10
Flight Prices

Since Virgin left the game for flying London-Nairobi, prices seem to have been in a pattern whereby BA and Kenya Airways were generally £650-£750 for direct flights, but you could fly via Brussels or Amsterdam with Brussels or KLM/Kenya and end up paying around £500. Suddenly the flight prices seem to have jumped to over £1,000 for directs and £700+ for KLM/Brussels. Is there some reason for this and is it likely that bookings for the Autumn will see prices fall when we get nearer to the time?

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
1. Re: Flight Prices

When are you looking at flying to Kenya from London? Prices can be seasonal.

Cheaper options you could look at include Emirates, Qatar, Turkish Airlines, Ethiopian (I would stay away, but they are cheap).

London, United...
2. Re: Flight Prices

The flights themselves are not really overpriced, it's the huge amount of tax that passengers now have to pay which is the problem, ie £360+ for a return trip (London- Nairobi).

…jetscreenshot.com/11869/20130521-ijs9-25kb.…

Boston...
reviews: 92
3. Re: Flight Prices

The taxes were painful! My US-Nairobi flight via Amsterdam was $800 of taxes on an $800 fare! I think in GBP that is similar to nic6's price.

Buckfastleigh...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Flight Prices

My daughter has just booked 2 flights with BA for 1st week of September at £750 each. She was told that if they could travel a week later the cost was a deal cheaper. Good luck!

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
5. Re: Flight Prices

BA cancelled their direct route to Dar in February, for flights from March. I switched to Kenya Airways via Nairobi for my booking in August, and I imagine a lot of people did the same. That could have something to do with it.

6. Re: Flight Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 23, 2014