We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 8
Visa on arrival in Nairobi

Hi I have read many messages from British stating that Visas on arrival are possible in Nairobi, has any contributor here ever been refused to board a flight because the Visa had not been stamped. I require to go to Nairobi soon and getting a Visa from the Kenyan High Commission may take too much time. Would be sick to wing it and try for a Visa on arrival only for me not being allowed to board

Mombasa, Kenya
1. Re: Visa on arrival in Nairobi

All airlines have a reference book with rules and regulations. In an unlikely case that the airline questions your not having a visa, refer them to Kenya Immigration rules on obtaining a visa on arrival. There is a list of exceptions published, British howevere do get visas on arrival without any problems.

Good luck!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
2. Re: Visa on arrival in Nairobi

I have always been asked if I have a visa when I've checked in in the UK (usually with KLM), it's part of their normal routine, and have they have always been happy when I've told them I'm getting one on arrival.

I've also flown Bangkok to Nairobi without already having a visa (with Kenya Airways)

BTW In case you aren't aware, you will need the Yellow Fever vaccination, not for Kenya but for re-admittance into Thailand, if you haven't got the certificate you'll have to have the vaccination at the airport before they let you back in

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 144
3. Re: Visa on arrival in Nairobi

Also you need to have a return ticket to Kenya.

I have a work permit, and once when boarding in Perth, was asked to show my visa, which I did and was expired. I told them I would buy one on arrival, and was told I could not as I did not have a return ticket. I spoke to the Emirates supervisor, and told him that it won't be an issue, and he let me through.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Visa on arrival in Nairobi

Visas upon arrival are very quick and easy to get.

5. Re: Visa on arrival in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 12, 2014