We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

Hi,

I'm traveling June 2nd from Kisumu to Johannesburg on Kenya Air. connecting thru Nairobi. I have 1:20 between flights. Does anyone know if there is any problem with Kenya Air checking a bag all the way through? thanks

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
1. Re: Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

Hi,

As you are flying with KQ your bags are checked all the way through, and you should get both your boarding cards, so all you have to do is walk straight out of Domestic, turn right, a couple of minutes walk, go through the scanner into the International terminal. Fill in your departure card and go through passport control / Immigration.(almost straight in front of you)

You might have a couple of minutes queue at the scanners and Immigration should normally be less than 15 or 20 minutes, (though I've been straight through with no queue a couple of times, and once I had to queue 40 minutes)

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
2. Re: Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

Which KQ flight are you on to JNB? As the morning ones depart from Unit 1, and the evening one from Unit 2.

South Orange, NJ
reviews: 3
3. Re: Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

taking the evening flight arriving into JNB@23:50

atlanta
4. Re: Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

roadwarriorafrica & NJJanet that was not the question....Doffcocker Mtwapa, Kenya nailed it....why is it so hard to understand what is written...you make us Kenyans look illiterate.

Edited: 5:26 pm, May 20, 2013
5. Re: Kenya Airlines transfer Domestic to International in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 22, 2014