We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan safari to suit a 38 and 73 year old

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Kenyan safari to suit a 38 and 73 year old

My dad has asked if I will go with him on safari to Kenya as he has adopted an elephant at David Sheldrick sanctuary for several years and really wants to go and see his elephant. My dad is in his early 70s although very fit and healthy and has not been abroad much. I am in my late 30s and am well travelled. I usually travel on a budget with group tours and spend a lot of time camping although my dad has requested as little camping as possible. Does anyone know of any group tours that cover Kenya that have a variety of age groups (most that I have looked at have an age limit of 65) and that do not consist completely of camping. I have been left to organise this trip and I am struggling to find something that will suit us both. Any help gratefully received!!

manchester, United...
reviews: 46
1. Re: Kenyan safari to suit a 38 and 73 year old

How is your budget? If you could run to using a tour operator rather than tagging on to a group you could organise your own itinerary and stay in any type of accommodation you choose. My friend did something similar with his 70+ dad a couple of years ago. He wanted to visit the orphanage he'd been supporting (kids though not ellies) and added a safari to the end of his visit. They opted for flights rather than road trips but it worked out really well for both of them.

Edited: 9:01 am, May 11, 2013
2. Re: Kenyan safari to suit a 38 and 73 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013
Bangalore, India
reviews: 95
3. Re: Kenyan safari to suit a 38 and 73 year old

Hi,

Suggest that you assess the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in the Nanyuki area. It is a pleasant and easy 3 to 4 hours drive from Nairobi, or you can fly.

It is an extremely pleasant Park, the roads are well maintained, and the sighting is good. You can stay at the very relaxed Lodge called Serena Sweetwaters Camp.

Here are some pictures:

…blogspot.in/2013/04/ol-pejeta-conservancy-k…

Best wishes,

Jyoti

4. Re: Kenyan safari to suit a 38 and 73 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 13, 2014