We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 34
1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

i only have 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi (8 am - 12 am).

considering traffic conditions, is it possible to visit the all of the following:

1. David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust (11 am - 12 pm open to public)

2. Bomas of Kenya (3:30 - 5:15 pm dance performance. is this worth it or is it going to be redundant if i am already visiting a Maasai village/manyatta while on safari journey? i may have to give this up in order to spend the whole afternoon in a Maasai market)

3. Kazuri beads factory (is it open at all on Sunday? is there a factory tour? where else can i actually buy Kazuri beads jewellery if i dont have a chance to visit the factory?)

4. Karen Blixen Museum (open 9:30 am - 6 pm)

5. Maasai Market (open 8 am - 6 pm. i know the market sellers move around, so where are they on Sunday? are the 3 venues specified in this website correct? if yes, where would be the best location for me to go if i based myself out of Langata area? africanspicesafaris.com/masai_market_shoppin…

Nairobi, Kenya
1. Re: 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

Sunday is a good day for this because there is less traffic - you can start with the Market, then go to the wildlife trust, have lunch at a restaurant near by may be carnivore or at Nairobi safari walk, then go to Bomas and later drive to Karen Blixen - less traffic from Karen to Langata in the evening...I think you can manage to do all though it will be tight

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
2. Re: 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

Hi - you can do all those things you want to do considering that all are same vicinity Langata/Karen. And on Sun, less traffic.

Masai Market is at Westagte & Yaya Centre. But you'll find curio shops in Langata & Karen.

Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

Hello ,

Very much possible,Start with baby elephant,then karen blixen museum ,lunch at Karen blixen coffee house or Utamanduni restaurant, then finish with bomas of Kenya. Even in betwwen you also pass by giraffe centre as it on the way to Karen blixen Museum.

Enjoy your day.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 34
4. Re: 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

i have now given myself 2 days (sunday + monday) to do the above mentioned places so that there's no need to rush.

one question though.

if i stay in langata area, how easy is it to get to the places i mentioned in my origina posting by matatus + walking? i know matatus is cheaper, but is it worth the hassle?

alternatively, i have the option of living in a place (not necessarily langata), and then just rent a taxi/driver for the day to bring me around (probably like $60?, more expensive).

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 3
5. Re: 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

Greetings

Between the option of a matatu and taxi, i recommend a taxi. You do not need to hire one for the whole day but grab one as you go from place to place.Remember to haggle:)

Enjoy

6. Re: 1 full day (Sunday) in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 16, 2014