We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
reviews: 5
Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

I need a place to stay for about 8 hours (late night arrival and early morning departure) close to NBO. I have checked with the Panari, Eka and Ole Sereni. All are about $250 for a double room. Does anyone know of a safe, clean, more moderately priced place for a quick rest?

London, United...
1. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

Many of the hotel prices around Nairobi and the tourist areas of Mombasa are grossly overpriced, in Nairobi the Kipepeo is a good quiet stay over if waiting for a next day flight, close to the airport, safe, clean and very reasonably priced.

hotelkipepeo.com/index.php…

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

Nic - is it really near enough to JKIA? Prices look reasonable, but I'd be concerned about situation for late night arrival and traffic in morning.

Nairobi, Nairobi...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

As much as Kipepeo may be a good place its a bit far from the airport so a hotel in Mombasa Road may be better.Sorry I have no better places other than the once you mentioned.

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

Red court hotel could be slightly cheaper say around 180 -200 Dollars a double room on bed & breakfast, otherwise the other hotels near the airport are Panari Hotel, Ole Sereni hotel, Eka Hotel and would be more pricy.

London, United...
5. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

It's only 10 miles and will cost about 1400 Kenyan shillings by taxi.

Traffic won't be too bad as long as you give yourself plenty of time.

…jetscreenshot.com/11869/20130508-bgzk-438kb…

Edited: 2:39 pm, May 08, 2013
Arusha, Tanzania
reviews: 6
6. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

You may want to consider Mvuli House. It is located near the Stadium/Toyota Round About. Prices are around $125 for a double. When booking a hotel you may want to consider using a Tour Operator. We get descent discounts from most of the major hotels and can pass some of that savings onto you.

Nakuru, Kenya
7. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

Hello,

If you just looking for a mid range/budget place for an overnight.

Nairobi airport stopover house might be a better option.

Its just some few meters after Eka and ole Sereni and just before Mvuli house. This may also be ideal to avoid the heavy traffic on Mombasa road.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
8. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

The Nest Hotel, Nairobi

Double Room from USD 110 per night

Red Court Hotel, Nairobi

Double Room from USD 200 per night

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 27
9. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

TravellHTT,

The nest looks like a good option. There is only one first-timer reviewer which makes me a little nervous. Have you been to the hotel?

Indianapolis...
reviews: 9
10. Re: Reasonably priced hotel near airport for one night

We just returned to the US in June and stayed at the African Heritage House, a 10 min drive to the airport. Alan the owner will also arrange for a driver if you need one to the airport. Email him and tell him you just need the room for a short while and ask him if he will give you the Kenyan local rate. He did for us. Great place to stay. Beautiful and includes breakfast. Email me if you need info. kellie@apologia.com