We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari area

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nsw
reviews: 4
Safari area

Hi, Im planning a trip to Africa in late Nov and undecided whether to do the Lake Nakuru / Masai Mara area or the other area of Amboseli / Tsavo. Either trip will be to/from Nairobi and I have 5 days/4 nights. Any advice on pros/cons for either area would be appreciated. Cheers

1. Re: Safari area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013
Downingtown...
reviews: 71
2. Re: Safari area

I agree. The Mara is not to be missed.

Amboseli is good too but Tsavo is very bushy and you are less likely to see the cats .

nsw
reviews: 4
3. Re: Safari area

OK Masai Mara it is, thanks. Any recommendations for a safari tour to use, I can find plenty that offer private guides however would prefer to join a small group tour??

4. Re: Safari area

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, August 27, 2013
Bangalore, India
reviews: 95
5. Re: Safari area

I strongly recommend the private safari option. We were two in a van last month, after that it is hard to picture myself in a van with 6 or 7 people. Worth the additional $s.

Lovely nature and game viewing is far more impactful that way, without chatter and distractions, particularly the wide open spaces of the Mara. A lake should be quite interesting for a day, before the Mara.

I have photos in my JBRs, in case you are interested. :)

- Jyoti

Edited: 1:26 pm, May 07, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
6. Re: Safari area

Hi ,

Would Suggest Lake Naivasha where you will visit hell's gate ( where you can ride in bike or walk to the gorges) lather than lake nakuru which it have been in absence of pink flamingos which are a main interest in the park as most of the you will see are still in other parks and reserves and spice your safari in Masai Mara,where the climax of wildlife lies( not to miss).

Enjoy your safari.

7. Re: Safari area

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2014