We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day safari or hiking

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 45
One day safari or hiking

I am working in Nairobi for a week in June.

I have one day off and potentially one night I could go away. Where is recommended to go on safari for the day or 1 night and a day.

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: One day safari or hiking

fly,

To be honest, you won't get a great deal done in a day, so I can see 2 options. Throw yourself around Nairobi National Park for the day or nip up to either Hell's Gate or Nakuru. To get the best out of the latter, you would need to get there the evening before to maximise you day, then return to NBO in the evening.

Also remember, it still may be raining a bit in June!

GJ

Kenya
reviews: 15
2. Re: One day safari or hiking

June is low season, so you can get a good flying package deal to the Masai Mara.. Most hotels have great offers and by flying,you will spend very little time getting there and still get to see/do a lot

If interested in hiking, you can go to Longonot,hike and get back to Nairobi by evening. It's a beautiful hike around the crater with amazing views of Lake Naivasha,Elelmentaita and surrounding rift valley

You can also go for a walk at Hells gate in Naivasha, or even a biking escapade there

Around Nairobi you can visit the Nairobi National Park, giraffe centre, Bomas, sheldricks orphanage etc

3. Re: One day safari or hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, August 27, 2013

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: One day safari or hiking

I'd also suggest Lake Naivasha/Hell's Gate. It is near enough to Nairobi for a day (and night) but gets you away from the City.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
5. Re: One day safari or hiking

Hi - Naivasha or Nakuru is ideal getaway for single night. It's only 3 hours drive from NBI.

Nairobi, Nairobi...
reviews: 1
6. Re: One day safari or hiking

You will be in Nairobi all through the week so you can drop at any of this places in the evening the sheldrick elephant orphanage ,National Archive, Snake park and national museum. So I suggest you get out of the city,spend the night at Nakuru and visit Nakuru National park in an early morning,then you can enjoy the day at lake Naivasha.

Edited: 8:46 am, May 08, 2013
Reply to: One day safari or hiking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted