We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yellow fever vaccination

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai
reviews: 12
yellow fever vaccination

HI we are a family of four travelling to Kenya on vacation from India. After the Kenyan part of our holiday, we pan to fly to Seychelles for a few days and then return to India.

I understand that while we dont need a yellow fever certificate to enter Nairobi, we do need one to go to Seychelles after Nairobi and also to re enter India.

Strangely, there seems to be no stock/supply of the yellow fever vaccine in India anywhere. So we are wondering, as a last resort, if we could get vaccinated upon arrival in Nairobi? Can anyone please advise us if that is possible and where it can be done? Also approx costs?

Thanks a lot.

China
reviews: 3
21. Re: yellow fever vaccination

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will go to other African countries such as Tanzania, Mauritius, Madagascar. If Kenya is my last stop, I will not be required to have vaccination then (provided that my home country does not require me to do so.).

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
22. Re: yellow fever vaccination

No sorry, if you only travel to Kenya you will not need it.

If you travel between countries in Sub-saharan Africa you will need the vaccination. You will need it to travel between Tanzania, Mauritius and Madagascar

23. Re: yellow fever vaccination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:44 pm, April 27, 2013
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 90
24. Re: yellow fever vaccination

Seychelles is asking for YFV proof if you are travelling to Kenya before coming to Seychelles even if Kenya is not requesting YFV proof. So if you want to have both safari and the best beach destination in the same holiday prepare to take your YFV prior to your arrival in Seychelles.

Miki

Bengaluru...
25. Re: yellow fever vaccination

Hi Jyoti,

Have you taken vaccination from Bangalore. I have called here but they are saying there is no stock from last couple of months.

When you have taken shots. Please advice, how to get it done as soon as possible.

Bengaluru...
reviews: 113
26. Re: yellow fever vaccination

Hello Sunil,

We got our jabs around the middle of March. I had to beg and plead about our son's upcoming exams and possible side effects, so the officer agreed to give us the jabs close to a month before travel. I believe the shortage started soon after that.

You may have a way out, though. YF vaccinations are not mandatory for departure from India, and nor are they mandatory and arrival into Kenya. You may refer to the WHO and Immigration sites.

You can take the jabs as soon as you arrive in Kenya, to allow exit, travel between some countries as well as reentry into India, since it is mandatory for those returning.

- Jyoti

Edited: 4:45 am, May 27, 2013
manchester, United...
reviews: 49
27. Re: yellow fever vaccination

Is the Yellow Fever vaccine a global shortage or just in India? If its is a global shortage can you guarantee it will be available in Kenya and available for foreign citizens especially.

Edited: 4:59 am, May 27, 2013
Bengaluru...
reviews: 113
28. Re: yellow fever vaccination

India imports the YF vaccine from Russia. When I took the vaccination in March, the officer in the Govt clinic spoke about supply issues. Newspapers have reported that due to production problems, the vaccines will be sourced from Europe in future. Specific details or timelines were not reported.

Newspapers have also reported that a few Private clinics are offering the vaccine for a much higher fee (about 5x) compared to the Govt clinics, at some locations in India.

- Jyoti

Manama
reviews: 5
29. Re: yellow fever vaccination

Hi Jyoti, we are planning to travel to Kenya on 10 days time but I haven't taken the YF vaccine as I was afraid of the side effects. Just curious how your experience was in the country in terms of the mosquitoes, food, etc. Would be happy to hear from you & get some tips. thanks a ton

Bangalore...
30. Re: yellow fever vaccination

after too much of try in various public institutes across india, clinics in bangalore, i have got one clinic International Health Clinic (located in domlur layout) which is a sister concern of Bharat vaccines ( this is in hyd i think). I contacted them a week back and they told me that it would be available on 10th or 11th june, we as a family went today to get vaccinated. Only thing is that the cost is 7k per head, which too expensive but there is no other go. Indian immigration site says it is not required, we can put it only as a personal health interest.

www.boi.gov.in/?q=content/health-regulation