We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Torrington...
Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

I will be staying at both these places and just wonder what food they serve. I am a picky eater and just planning ahead as to whether I'll need plenty of snacks or not. Thanks for any input.

nyc
1. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

Discuss with your tour operator what you do/don't eat, as:

- allergies

- foods you don't eat for any reason

- foods you prefer

- if vegetarian, be specific

- gluten free

Such info will be submitted to GM & EPC and on arrival at each property discuss with chef what on the menu.

You should be fine, or you'll be one of the lucky few who return home having lost weight.

If you feel the need for snacks, bring your own or if time allows, stop in at NBO market for items you might find of interest; unlikely they'll be same as at home, but at least you won't be hungry.

Torrington...
2. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

I told my travel agent that it will be a good week for me to diet and she laughed and said if I can manage to diet while on safari, that I'd be the only one bc they feed you so much! Thanks for the input!

Boston...
reviews: 79
3. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

The food at Giraffe Manor is Western and great!! .. I have a list of allergies.. Just told the staff and no problem whatsoever... And as a matter of fact, no problem anywhere.. We found the Kenyans to be accomodating, hospitable, and eager to please

nyc
4. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

I happen to one of few who returns from vacation, anywhere in the world at least 5/lbs lighter though sometimes even more and it stays off for months, slowly returns... ha! ha! As long as I'm still a size 6, I can't complain. Certainly not because of the food on offer, rather that is just how it works for me. And, I've never gone hungry anywhere.

Allergic to fish, so don't eat; beef isn't as good as at home though better in Kenya than Tanzania; chicken always works; veggies are amazing and so fresh which are often from camps own gardens; otherwise I eat everything and still drop a few.

Again, just let them know what you do/don't eat and you'll be fine.

Boston...
reviews: 79
5. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

I am also allergic to seafood ... and to the extent that I will get a reaction from cross-contamination... that means:

- no fried foods IF they use the same fryalator they use for seafood products

- no grilling on the same surface as seafood

but like I said, everyone was VERY accommodating.. the Kenyans are VERY nice people and can't do enough for you... It goes without saying, that because I have to be a PITA when it comes to food, we go over the usual tip guidelines and give a special gift of appreciation to the chef and anyone else who goes beyond their normal duties to make sure my meals are safe.

Arusha, Tanzania
reviews: 6
6. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

These are both top notch places. Just tell them what you want to eat in advance (maybe even send an email directly to the Manor and Camp) and I am certain that you will end up very happy. As always you get what you pay for, so don't hesitate to be a little demanding as you are paying for customized individual service here.

7. Re: Meals served at Giraffe Manor & Elephant Pepper Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 17, 2014