We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rocklin, California
reviews: 18
Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

We will be arriving on a South African Airlines flight, business class, and then continuing on to Kilimanjaro on a Kenya Airlines/Precision flight 3 hours later. The Precision flight is in coach and was booked seperately. Will we be able to use the first class lounges during our layover free of charge?

I see from a previous post that Kenya Airways has a lounge.....I think they are in the Star Alliance, in which we have gold status.....so can we use this lounge?

Edited: 12:35 pm, April 12, 2013
6 replies to this topic
1. Re: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013

Rocklin, California
reviews: 18
2. Re: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

Good to know.....we will buy drinks if we must....it IS a vacation after all!

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
3. Re: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

Don't get too excited about the lounge!! However, it's a lot better than the "slum" which is NBO.

Arizona
reviews: 60
4. Re: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

I arrive at NBO at 10p and my connection is at 6:30a. Flying biz class on Kenya. Recommendations? Hotel nearby? Lounge adequate for an eight hour layover? Please advise.

nyc
5. Re: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

Closest hotels to the airport for return next morning - Panari, Ol Sereni or EKA - these aren't inexpensive, but only a 15/min drive. However for a 6:30am flight you have to be at airport 2/hrs prior (assume this is flight out of Kenya), would be about 4:30-5am. At that hour little traffic, so to save some $$, you can on arrival instead transfer into NBO for o/n at the Fairview or Country Lodge.

Bergen County, New...
reviews: 120
6. Re: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access

FYI, the Emirates (our airline) Business Class lounge is simply a narrow, glass-walled room with wider chairs than the main lounges, and an airplane-galley cart with boxed snacks. I'm not whining, only noting that although our 28 August 2013 NBO experience was entirely acceptable, they are still recovering from the fire. You should not expect full services anywhere. You may have to wait in a long, general line on the sidewalk for the X-ray machine that precedes access to your special check-in counter. Road traffic all over Nairobi is fierce, so you should not stay far from the airport.

Reply to: Nairobi airport (NBO) first class lounge access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted