We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit visa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
Transit visa

I am transiting through Kenyatta Airport for just 3 hours on my way to Rwanda. My questions is do I need a visa? I am an Australian citizen and will not be leaving the airport but will have to change airlines. I am unsure if changing airlines means I will have to clear customs and therefore require some kind of transit visa.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
1. Re: Transit visa

Hi,

No it's the same as being in transit between two international flights pretty much anywhere in the world, you stay 'airside' and just go from your Arrival gate to your Departure gate so you do not technically enter the country and therefore do not need to go through immigration and get a visa or go through customs.

If your two flights were made on separate bookings or for some other reason your bags cannot be checked through and therefore automatically transferred you may need to ensure they are transferred by going to the customer service desk where they will arrange to accompany you to claim your bags and pass them on to your connecting flight

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
2. Re: Transit visa

Thanks for the quick reply.

3. Re: Transit visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 15, 2014