We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

In going back through Nairobi after my safari, I was wanting to take a shower at the airport.

I have seen conflicting information about the availabilities of a shower facility at the lounges?

Alternatively is there a nearby hotel that has reasonably priced day rooms or gym access that I could shower and change?

Along the same line - do you know if I can pay to access the British Airways lounge if I am flying economy?

Thank You

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
1. Re: Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

The only lounge I have seen that has showers is the Kenya Airways Business Class lounge.

You cannot pay to access the BA Lounge. It is only for F/J passengers and Gold Card Holders.

Are you driving back, or flying back from safari? If flying back, you could see if you could pay to use the showers at Aero Club at Wilson Airport.

Boston...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

You can pay to enter one of the independently run "Fist Class" lounges. I believe that there is a four hour limit and it usually costs about $25 - $50 based on how long you will be there. It's ok and will get you out of the general hub-bub of the airport. There are now showers (nor are there any in the BA lounge).

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
3. Re: Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

PJT, you say "There are now showers (nor are there any in the BA lounge)." Do you mean there are showers in the First Class lounges? I did not see when I was there last month.

Boston...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

Apologies - thgis is a typo! it should say there are NO showers in the BA lounge!

Rocklin, California
reviews: 21
5. Re: Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

Can the British Airways lounge be used if you are not flying BA but have a One World lounge pass?

6. Re: Shower at JKIA Airport? Or closeby hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 14, 2014