We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne...
How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

Hi everyone,

Hoping you can help me... I am volunteering in Africa for 6 months. I will be staying in Nairobi for 3 months at the end of the year. Will then be going to Tanzania for 2 months. In between these 2 placements I would like to go to Zanzibar for 1 week.

My travel needs to be Nairobi - Zanzibar - Arusha.

Can't find information on best way to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar. Do you need to go through Dar es Salaam to get to Zan?

I am a young blonde female travelling on my own so must be safe option! I am a bit worried about this...

Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Susie

nyc
1. Re: How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

You can fly from NBO/JKIA (main int'l airport to ZNZ - believe Precision Air PW); from ZNZ you can fly to Arusha/ARK - check Coastal, Regional, do not use ZanAir.

Another Visa will be required, along with Yellow Fever inoc and proof of same for entry to ZNZ/TNZ.

Nairobi, Nairobi...
2. Re: How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

Dear Sussana,

Hello!

You can fly JKIA/Zan with precision air(U$296) and Zanzibar/Arusha you can use shuttle bus which normally leaves the sea port of Dar eslam every morning (U$35) after a boat ride from the zanzibar port. All the best and i hope it works....

nyc
3. Re: How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

You can as #2 above go by ferry and road to Arusha, however the ferry though cheap is 2/hrs on open ocean to DAR; once at DAR the bus to Arusha though cheap is a full-days drive. So you'd have to check schedules carefully not to miss one or the other... and do you have a full-day to spare?

Zanzibar, Tanzania
4. Re: How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

Depending with your budget but it is always easy Nairobi to Zanzibar.

Fly direct from JKIA to ZNZ..fly 540,KQ,Precision Air every day.

Take a bus whole day Nairobi to Dar.Overnight and the next day take a ferry to Zanzibar from 0700,0900,1200 and the last ferry is at 1530 Dar to Zanzibar.

Talk to the wallet but this are the ways NBO to ZNZ.

Nairobi, Kenya
5. Re: How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

best is to fly.

for ZNZ-Arusha use fastjet.com costs about US $30.00

6. Re: How to get from Nairobi to Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 06, 2014