We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many parks in Massai mara ?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 3
How many parks in Massai mara ?

Hi

I am planning to go for the 2 nights / 3 days safari from Nairobi to Massai mara, i saw big deviation in prices between the tour operators, ranges are from 300 USD to more than 1000 USD , my question is , is it only the matter of car, accommodation , food , ... etc ? or the there are several parks inside where it will make that difference ?

Thanks

Nairobi
1. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

Hi Mohamed

Prices vary depending on many factors, some of which are :

Mode of transport ( by Air or road, 4 x 4 Landcruiser or minivan ), standard of accomodation,what is included and excluded.

All the best

Allan

Cairo, Egypt
2. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

but the parks are the same ? means they all go to the same places , see same animals :) ?

manchester, United...
reviews: 42
3. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

This might help Mohamed....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai_Mara

Cairo, Egypt
4. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

Thanks Val

Finland, Minnesota
5. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

Mohamed, the park is the same as well as the animals! but the accommodation are different depending with the size of your pocket. There are some luxury lodges and camps and there are also budget accommodations. The choice remains on your side

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
6. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

Also check whether the prices quoted include the park fees. As the lowest price you mentioned was $300 I would have my doubts, 2 days worth of park fees (48 hours of entry) would be over half of that quote, so not much left for accommodation & transport costs - and the operator's profit, of course.

7. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, December 30, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
8. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

thanks Mwingereza

any suggestions about the best operator ?

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
9. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

Sorry, mate, can't help you there. I've now taken the route of organising everything myself, from transport, driver, accommodation, etc. Not for the faint- hearted and maybe not the cheapest way of doing it, I can assure you, but if anything goes wrong I have only myself to blame!

Cairo, Egypt
10. Re: How many parks in Massai mara ?

fair enough :)