We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Penticton, Canada
reviews: 3
Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

We will be in Nairobi for the month of October 2013 - my daughter (16yrs) and I are accompanying my husband while he works with the Flying Doctors. Any ideas for accommodation within walking distance of Wilson Airport? We are also planning to do some touring while there but hope to keep the costs down and are quite happy pitching tents etc. and joining other groups.

Thanks

nyc
1. Re: Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

There is the Aero Club right at Wilson with rooms that are basic, provide breakfast, along with a bar and restaurant on the premises. This is often used by those who have early flights out to the bush. But not sure this is where you'd want to stay for a month.

The Fairview is a lovely hotel on beautiful grounds, pool, restaurants and priced right; also their sister hotel... adjacent... the Country Lodge, a bit more basic but great rooms and still have access to all the facilities of the Fairview. They might have an 'extended stay' rate at these.

Where is your husband laying his head during the time? Would there be room for the two of you? If not, why not inquire of Flying Docs for recommendations and where they might get 'deals' on extended stays.

2. Re: Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:54 am, August 07, 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
3. Re: Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

Budget hotels along Wilson Airport are available,And about the touring there many companies in Nairobi which can always work out a fair safari for you.

Penticton, Canada
reviews: 3
4. Re: Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

Thanks, the Flying Doctors do provide a room for my husband although we could not all stay there. We did find a great cottage, more of a bed and breakfast situation where we can use the kitchen but it is by the Giraffe Centre and likely would take too long with traffic to reach the airport. We have heard the road construction is terrible. Ideally, we would like a place we can make most of our dinners. We are also very active and would like to be able to access either exercise facilities close by or hike etc. I know i am asking a lot.....

Mombasa, Kenya
5. Re: Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

I cannot think about anything in the walking distance from Wilson but on Ngong Road you would be able to find serviced apartment - cleaning and even bed linen change is usually provided yet you have the freedom if having an apartment with your own kitchen and all the bits and pieces.

Unfortunately traffic in Nairobi is a serious issue and unless you stay right at the airport you will have to struggle through traffic. Langata road is very busy, Mbagathi Way (going to Ngong Road) is also busy, so no way out of traffic.

I am sure Flying Doctors have an admin office and that you are not the only ones in similar situation, why don't you ask them, perhaps they have some recommended accommodation which people working with them temporary use for their families?

Once you get here you will be able to contact a few operators and see what they can offer. As you will be based in Nairobi possibly you could do a self drive safari and will need to book accommodation only. Also I am sure Flying Doctors will have their travel agent/tour operator who they can recommend.

Good luck!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

6. Re: Accommodation Nairobi October 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 30, 2014