We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidential election outcome.

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naivasha, Kenya
reviews: 2
Presidential election outcome.

Kenyan media reports that Uhuru Kenyatta/William Ruto have won. Formal announcement at 11:00am local time.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
1. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Eleven contested constituency results are being examined by rival party agents, hence the gap between completion of the count and the formal announcement of the results.

Following the announcement of the result there is a window for court cases, appeals, etc and there will be a flurry of court cases about a whole raft of perceived issues before the scheduled swearing in on March 26 and as the margin of victory is so tight (0.03% - just over 4,000 votes) it's possible we've not seen the end of this election yet

Naivasha, Kenya
2. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Particularly as Raila had previously stated (prior to voting) that he wouldn't accept defeat. It would appear to be likely that CORD will mount a challenge, but I think that they would have done this in any case. I question to what extent this would benefit Kenya. It was during the disputes over the results that it all kicked off last time.

Edited: 2:27 am, March 09, 2013
Naivasha, Kenya
3. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Raila has declared a legal challenge

nation.co.ke/News/…index.html

Edited: 2:33 am, March 09, 2013
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
4. Re: Presidential election outcome.

I saw that link on a tweet and it didn't work, I got a 404 error, I'm getting the same from your link and I can't find any current story about it on the nation website

Mtwapa is quiet but tense, lots of places have not opened, there is a great sense of disappointment here and lot of totally inaccurate rumours were circulating last night

Kampala
reviews: 14
5. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Thanks for the updates. Congs to the winner.

Naivasha, Kenya
6. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Very difficult to open any news or TV websites at the moment. Possibly due to 'traffic'.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
7. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Strange I'm not having any trouble with any other media sites, including the Nation's - strange that that story or at least a link to it isn't on the Nation's home page or its Politics page

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 62
8. Re: Presidential election outcome.

I am watching the NTV live stream with no problems.

Naivasha, Kenya
9. Re: Presidential election outcome.

I have just opened the Saturday Nation from Google and this is the lead story. Also appears in South Africa's Mail & Guardian;

mg.co.za/article/2013-03-09-odinga-to-challe…

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
10. Re: Presidential election outcome.

Stranger and stranger - I've just opened the Nation again http://www.nation.co.ke/ still no trace of it

I've been channel hopping while I wait for the announcement and just seen an item on Kiss TV with Odinga's aide who was saying they are going to the courts.

Even if he is going to the court Odinga could do the country a great service by making a conciliatory speech congratulating Kenyatta on his performance it would defuse some of the tension.

KTN are currently live in Mombasa which is 'unusually quiet and muted' 'you wouldn't think and election had been on'