We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small hotel in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uttoxeter, United...
Small hotel in Nairobi

I will be in Nairobi on my own for 3 nights at the end of September. Can anyone recommend a hotel with swimming pool and nice food, comfortable and most of all friendly. Thanks for your help.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

How about the The Sankara or Serena ?

manchester, United...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

Try the Fairview.......

Indianapolis...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

Take a look at the African Heritage House. There are several reviews on here if you look it up. We stayed there in June with our children and grandchildren. I talked to several people before we booked and had several email exchanges with the owner Alan Donavan (Also from the United States) Several single females have stayed here and feel safe. It is a beautiful place with lovely grounds. Email me if you have questions. kellie@apologia.com

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
4. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

The best small hotel in Nairobi – by far – with a pool is The Emakoko. It's a really special place, a beautiful small lodge spanning a river gorge on the south side of Nairobi National Park and owned and run by a very nice couple, but it's quite pricey. The Aero Club at Wilson Airport is the opposite end of the spectrum, price-wise, and also has a pool. Macushla House is a nice, mid-budget option.

Richard Trillo

Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

Hello!

I personally 2nd Richard, am sure 3 Nights at The Emakoko are worth it? Its close to other attractions. Think of it 4days in Nairobi without a visit to The shedrick trust(Animal orphanage), The Giraffe Centre and the Karen Blixen or The Nairobi National park?

Still the Emakoko is excellent!

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 1
6. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

There are quite a few hotels meeting your requirement. My recommendation would be Lenana Mount Hotel which is in the Kilimani area of Nairobi.

nyc
7. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

All of the above come in at various budgets, some of which are rather pricey.

Many solo women like the Macushla House, with only 6/rooms, lovely grounds, a very nice pool, good food and the right price.

Or check-out the Fairview or their lower priced sister hotel - Country Lodge (simpler furnishings, but all anyone needs) - adjacent to the main, but where you can use all facilities of the Fairview.

8. Re: Small hotel in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2014