We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buckland...
reviews: 1
Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and I will really like to know more about Kenya. I will ike to know if it is safe to visit Kenya now that their presidential election is in the corner.

My friends have plans to visit Kenya and Tanzania, but we'll like to spend some weeks in Nairobi with some old pals.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Depends on when you mean now?

Elections are on Monday. So far things have been quiet, but who knows. It could stir up, it could not. All the politicians are preaching peace.

When were you thinking of coming?

2. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, February 28, 2013
Buckland...
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

We were actually thinking of arriving in Kenya on the 3rd of March, but as it is at present, we're not really sure about it. Maybe, we might just wait until after the election or simply start in Tanzania and when everything seems to be clear, then we could leave for Nairobi.

Can anyone advice us better on that?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 49
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Here are a some current views on the situation, not specific to Nairobi though

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g661279-i13295-k…

Buckland...
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Thank's for your help man. I really appreciate that. I've just checked out the link you sent to me and posted there as well.

Hope things start and end well!

6. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, March 05, 2013
Boston...
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

We're going on Aug 16 for 2 weeks. According to travel warnings, tourist areas (other then Nairobi), are said to be okay. However, if anyone has any other thoughts please respond. Thank You

nyc
8. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Nairobi and elsewhere are fine as long as you remember to pack your common sense.

Bad things happen everywhere as you, Boston Strong, know only too well.

Go and enjoy your holiday.

Lowell, Oregon
reviews: 4
9. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

Just returned to the states from a trip to East Africa, including a safari in Masai Mara and overnights in Nairobi. First time there; all went well. It's good to have your rides lined up - especially after dark.

10. Re: Is it safe to travel to kenya now?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 10, 2014