We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September or October?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
reviews: 86
September or October?

Hi.. planning to do a Kenya Safari this year. I can either go the first week of September or the first week of October. I hear that the great migration ends in September, so would it makes sense to go earlier?

The prices appear the same (which is puzzling) so I guess it comes down to what time period is preferable. Does the weather change much across those months?

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
1. Re: September or October?

both months are ideal for safari especially maasai mara to catch up the migration because the price will be the same since they all fall under high season so you can visit any of the above mention.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 108
2. Re: September or October?

One cannot say that a natural phenomenon ends in a specific month. In fact, the migration is in the Mara sometimes until November. The short rains in Tanzania start in Oct or November and these are what coax the wildebeest back across the Mara.

Washington DC...
reviews: 11
3. Re: September or October?

High season prices are in effect generally from July 1 through end of October or so. If it were my choice, I'd opt for the first week of September.

Calgary
reviews: 86
4. Re: September or October?

So to summarize, I have a good chance of seeing the great migration in both October and September. But that probability would be higher in September? Might as well pick the better option if it is the same price!

Thanks for everyone's help (and those who PMed me as well).

5. Re: September or October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 02, 2014