We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

We are flying into Wilson airport from Kilimanjaro after our Tanzania safari and are then flying from Wilson to Masai Mara... I know you can get your visa for $50 at NBO but can you do the same thing at Wilson?

Glasgow, United...
1. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

i should check with the kenya embassy in your country of residence,

alternatively maybe make a road trip to namanga border from arusha / kilimanjaro (about 2hrs) and obtain them and then fly to wilson, but i wonder if border would issue visa without stamping your passports,

also maybe to obtain visa from tz you would have to be in Dar...

Mombasa, Kenya
2. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

Wilson Airport is an official entry point into the country and it does have immigration and customs. According to the immigration website one can obtain visa on entering through an official entry point, so I see no reason why you cannot get it. I tried to open the website but for some reason I cannot open it at the moment. Print out the form and fill it in in advance anyway, I am sure Wilson will not be having any queues but still.

http://www.immigration.go.ke/

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

I noticed an immigration desk at Wilson the last time I went through in 2011. So I believe you must be able to get a visa. Wilson takes international flights so this would also hint that it must have a visa issue facility as well.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 145
4. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

You can get a visa on arrival at Wilson. I've seen private jets come in, and the passengers have been cleared with no issues.

nyc
5. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

If arriving from JRO, you certainly can get the Kenya Visa on arrival.

Know however, if arriving WIL which flight arrives at about 2:45pm, the ongoing flight to the Mara is 3pm, so a very tight connection. Best you have your forms completed, have the exact amount of payment and move quickly.

Good luck!

Calgary, Canada
6. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

Thank you for all your replies... very helpful!

7. Re: Can you get a visa at Wilson Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 02, 2014