We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 December/Jamhuri Day

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carmel, California
reviews: 11
12 December/Jamhuri Day

Can anyone tell me what is typically open and closed on this holiday? This was our free day in Nairobi after our safari and we were planning to go to the National Museum in the morning and shopping in the afternoon, but now I'm wondering if everything will be closed and I should come up with a different plan. Thanks.

London
1. Re: 12 December/Jamhuri Day

The National Museum will most definatly be closed as will other museums and also most shops, Bars and restaurants are open and the parks are open, perhaps you could schedule to visit the national park in nairobi or the giraffe centre, Carnivore will be open too. I imagine it will be quite an experience to be in Kenya on what is one of thier most important public holidays.....

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 62
2. Re: 12 December/Jamhuri Day

Hello Patty,

Where have you chosen to stay this trip, have you decided to pay a visit to Samburu or Meru?

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
3. Re: 12 December/Jamhuri Day

heartinnyali,

Thanks for your reply. Guess the museum is out. I was hoping to visit this time as it was closed for renovation on my last trip. I've been to the Giraffe Centre before but not Nairobi NP so that's a possibility. Do you know if shopping centers like Village Market, Sarit and the Junction will be open that day?

Bruce,

In Kenya, we're staying at El Karama in Laikipia, Larsens Camp in Samburu, Joy's Camp in Shaba, Elsa's Kopje in Meru, and Olea Africana near the Aberdares with a couple of nights in Nairobi at the end. Then we head to southern Tanzania for 3 nights at Sand Rivers in Selous. We stayed at El Karama and Olea Africana last time and will go back to focus more on horse riding in these areas. The others are new for us. Can't wait!

4. Re: 12 December/Jamhuri Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 12, 2009