We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delhi
reviews: 39
Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

I am on a business trip to Nairobi & Jo'burb in 2 weeks. I will have 1 weekend free and I have the option to chose from Nairobi National Park OR the Lion Park in Jo'burg. Unfortunately, I am not able to goto Masai Mara due to shortage of time.

Please advice what would be a better option.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 153
1. Re: Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

Nairobi National Park for sure. The animals are in the wild. The lion park in JNB is lions in fenced yards.

Also nnp u will have a chance many other animals including rhino, giraffe, zebra, impala, wildebeest, buffalo, warthog, etc.

Mombasa, Kenya
2. Re: Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

I agree with roadworrier!

In addition, at the entrance to the Nairobi National Park there is an animal orphanage - a very nice walk and even though animals are in enclosure, it is very educational. You can also visit The David Sheldrik Wildlife Trust is you have time and learn about amazing work they do! www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/about_us.asp

Giraffe Centre is another great place - you can learn about giraffes, see them and even feed off your hand! They have purple tongues :) You can do everything in 2 days (Nairobi Park + orphanage // David Sheldrik + giraffes)

All in all definitely Nairobi National Park!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
3. Re: Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

lol - I like your new name roadwarrior, conjures up an entirely different picture ヅ

Mombasa, Kenya
4. Re: Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

Ha-ha, totally! Have not even noticed :) One letter and an amazing transformation of meaning! Wow...

Sorry, roadwArriorafrica! My apology :)

Larissa

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 153
5. Re: Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

Driving in Kenya can make one a roadworrier:)

6. Re: Nairobi National Park OR Lion Park in Jo'burg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 05, 2014