We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in kisumu kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
wedding in kisumu kenya

am looking for a wedding venue in Kisumu. Quite anumber of people are talking about kiboko bay. I love the place, but i need a venue for all the 3 events, that is the ceremony, the reception and the extended party. I hear it is very dangerous to party at night at kiboko bay because of the kibokos strolling around at night. could somebody please give me ideas. I dont know if imperial hotel is still in the same condition or better than it was 15 years ago, coz i know sunset is totally run down. Please help.

Nairobi, Kenya
1. Re: wedding in kisumu kenya

Try the Yacht club in Kisumu. Personally I think it's a bit "snobbish". However you could check it out. Next to the lake, there is the the Kisumu beach resort.

Hope that helps..

Nairobi, Kenya
2. Re: wedding in kisumu kenya

Hello,

Check on Rusinga Island .

Hope that helps.

Busia
3. Re: wedding in kisumu kenya

Just throwing out an idea here. You could actually have your extended party on a ship on Lake Victoria. You'll need to get in touch with the Kisumu Port Authority if you're interested. And you'll need to hire a DJ separately. Two of my (expat) friends were leaving Kisumu for good and jointly threw a party like this in November last year. I have to say that was the best party I had ever been to. Don't expect the boat to go anywhere though. The hyacinth clogs up the engines real fast.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: wedding in kisumu kenya

I'm not sure why you have put this on the Nairobi Forum??

I thought Sunset Hotel had been revived. Is there someone in Kisumu who can tell you this?

In my opinion, Rusinga Island would be a bit expensive for your visitors to reach. How many are you expecting and will they be locals or ex-pats or both?

5. Re: wedding in kisumu kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 09, 2014